Bristol Maine ~ Been working on interiors for the past week or so. Painting of a different type. I started with the most God awful colors in this house with an intense cranberry color down at the base below the chair rail and what I can only describe as dog poop color on the top part which had no relationship to the floor color or the environment through the windows at all. Anyway Progress towards opening in May. Vaccinations are supposed to be here by then.
–Live Broadcast Sessions Tuesdays at noon – Starting in March
Anyway I am going to be doing some live sessions and I thought one of them could be on how I picked out the colors I picked out to paint my walls in relationship to my art, the views on the outside and the existing architectural features in the house like the birch floors and the cabinets I have etc.
I’m going to be doing live Broadcast sessions on a whole variety of ideas starting in March on Tuesdays at noon. They will be reposted to my website as well, but the interaction question answer period is during the live session. There are a lot of topics that I could cover and if you have any ideas of something you would like me to cover or you have questions about some things
My thoughts so far are:
- Painting wise: plein air painting setup, subject identification, color study, basics or finishing an actual work.
- Visiting and finding locations: how I pick what I pick to paint.
- Hanging work, laying out a show and designing a flow for the space either in your home or for exhibit.
- Direct Sales, where and when to find them how to market direct, side gigs for artists, marketing in the new economy.
- Other areas for collectors/ decor oriented clients: how to find good art, building a collection, how to design a room around art, how to integrate art into your life and how to understand color in relationship to furnishings.
you name it….Just DM me or contact me through my studio and I will add it to my list of ideas. I’ll have more detail on the live sessions later.–
I’ve been contemplating doing a snow scene out back then I’m looking out for a week now and we’re gonna have some more snow on Monday and Tuesday so it might be an ideal thing to do also. I’m gonna need to do a breaking in period to actually do the live sessions so…. just has to warm up a bit…. but then there is no snow!
Stay Warm and Healthy
—Chapin Studio & Garden @ Stoneridge
http://gallery.deborahchapin.com ~ Business at deborahchapin.com